Maybe one day..............

Posted in By Carl Brind 0 comments


Nearly 12 years ago to the day, I was lucky enough to attend the 'Mad about music' exhibition in London. While I was walking around the many stands I noticed this guy, he kind of looked familiar. It was Noel Redding who played bass guitar for Jimi Hendrix. he was actually about to do a signing session there. He was nice enough to sign a couple of photos and had a very brief chat. he was so down to earth and could have easily have been one of my mates dads.

My main reason for attending the exhibition was to see an absolute idol of mine, Nuno Bettencourt. Some of you may know him from the band Extreme. They had a hit ballad in the 90s called More Than Words. I had been a massive fan of the band for years. I managed to get a ticket to an intimate gig he was doing after the exhibition. I stood right at the front and was amazed by his guitar playing but also the drummer, who turned out to be Mike Mangini (one hell of a drummer!!!).

Trawling through Youtube I have found videos from the exact show. Which are below......







After the show I went to a meet and greet with Nuno who was down to earth. He chatted to me and signed my photos. Normally its never a good idea to meet someone you really admire because in most of the cases you come away totally dissapointed.
As a bit of a Brucie Bonus Ive found an amazing performance by Nuno Bettencourt and the rest of Extreme at the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert.